Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day Three.

Happy Wednesday!! I couldn't be happier with how quickly this week is going. I needed this week to be quick. So yay for that!!

Nothing exciting so far, which after last week is welcomed.

I gave blood today. Also not super exciting, but I love feeling like I'm doing my part. And it's the only time I get to have my favorite pretzels. It's become a running joke now that I send Mike a picture of me smiling with one of my pretzels every time I'm finished.

Could I BE any more stereotypical fat girl?! Ha!

Today is day three of switching back to Weight Watchers PointsPlus as opposed to calorie counting. I have NO idea why this works so much better for me. Maybe the smaller numbers? Maybe the fact that it feels a little like a game? Who knows. All that matters is it works.

I have been insanely hungry lately - like I literally cannot fill myself up. The PointsPlus system does make it a little easier in that aspect because of "free" foods. Most fruits and veggies being ZERO Points is super helpful for filling up when I'm feeling ravenous.

Another thing that I think is going to make this plan easier for someone like me during this time of year, is recipes from this website! Adorably named "Emily Bites," the blogger, Emily, makes comfort food Weight Watchers friendly! The hardest season of weight loss for me BY FAR is winter - late fall and early spring are so similar they fall in at a close second. It's dark. I get sleepy. I get lazy. And I get HUNGRY!

My typical cycle when I'm not trying to lose weight is to gain about 10-15 lbs in this time period. It naturally comes off in the late spring/summer/early fall when I'm more active and not so tired and bottomless-pit-like, but I am SO done with that yearly yo-yo mess. I am sticking to my guns this time around and hoping that these deliciously lightened up recipes will help.

I have made a handful of these recipes recently and they are to die for! her "Bubble Up" casseroles are phenomenal and EASY, the hardest part is sharing with my husband. We've tried the chicken pot pie and enchilada versions, though Mr. Fox is most looking forward to trying the pizza one! Another favorite is her Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice casserole. And the cream of the crop so far: Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet. O. M. G!! I swapped the pumpkin for butternut squash, and the spinach for baby kale. Hubby said it's one of the best things he's ever eaten. SO yum.

Anyway ~ enough about food for now. I'll for sure be updating on how I do with my weekly weigh ins and unstoppable hunger!


No comments:

Post a Comment