Monday, September 28, 2015

Why Does the Weeknd Have to END

Happy Monday!!

Back to reality after a family, fun, and food filled weekend! I haven't blogged in a few days so I apologize in advance if this is a bit lengthy.

First off: I was very happy with my Friday WI. Down 3.4 lbs and almost back to that 40 lbs loss mark!!

I am starting to think the week I had the 4.8 lbs loss that brought me to the 40 lbs may have been a fluke, like maybe I was dehydrated or something, because I VERY quickly put 5 lbs right back on, and have been having a heck of a time getting it back off.

Another theory is just that I had a couple weekends of debauchery that resulted in some much expected pounds packing on.

This weekend I was faced with a bunch of family time, which usually means FOOD. LOTS of GOOD food. I decided to be proactive and take most of the cooking into my own hands so I could control what went into everything.

Saturday was my mama's birthday dinner. For an app/snack I made this AMAZING Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, served with pretzel chips. For the mail course, Skinnytaste's Chicken Francesefor dinner, since mom is a huge lemon chicken fan. Served with some fresh broccoli, rice pilaf, and a sprinkling of shaved parmesan, it was a huge hit! And for dessert, Pink Lemonade Cake with fresh raspberries and Cream Cheese Frosting!! I slightly altered the cake recipe first, by making it a cake instead of cupcakes, and I added a box of instant vanilla pudding to make it extra moist. Everything was incredible.

We also had probably the best cocktail I have ever had or made ~ a bourbon blackberry mojito!! Crushed ice, 2 oz bourbon (we used Jim Beam), muddled mint leaves and smooshed blackberries to taste, top with ginger beer and OMG enjoy!!!! My hubby found the best light ginger beer. Fever Tree Naturally Light, which is only about 90 calories for a whole bottle.

In the morning we made omelettes and toast and COFFEE, then set out for round two of family time!!

At my in-laws we have to cook for a few more people: mom, dad, SIL, BIL, niece, and twin nephews. We decided on Cider Glazed Pork Roast with Apples, Sweet Potato and Sage. I have been wanting to make this for weeks now!! The only alterations we made were more sage because we love it, and I doubled the glaze recipe because it just seemed like it needed more.

My sister in law made a drool inducing apple pie that I am SO PROUD OF MYSELF for NOT having more then just a bite of mu husbands because I was comfortably full!!

So overall the weekend was a great success. I did use all of my weekly points. And I did show a 2.5 gain as of this morning. But I'm sure it was mostly water weight and it will even out this week. I have a nifty new exercise toy I'm going to try out and report back on this week, so hopefully that will help too!!

I hope everyone has a super awesome week!!

Stay shiny!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment